Join us June 3rd at Southside Spirit House!
Hello SF Green Drinks Friends!
Join us June 3rd at Southside Spirit House.
Our question this month is: “What are your professional goals for this summer?”
GREEN DRINKS OUTING: We’re planning a group volunteer outing for National Trails Day on Saturday, June 7th. It’s a great opportunity to connect with more people and give back to our community. We would love for you to join. Shoot us an email if you are interested in coming along. You can find more information here: http://www.americanhiking.org/events/national-trails-day-golden-gate-national-parks/
In the Spotlight
Here at Green Drinks we want to support and bring attention to organizations and startups that are doing amazing things right here in our backyard. This month, we want to introduce Save the Frogs.
Nearly one-third of the world’s amphibian species are threatened with extinction. Up to 200 species have completely disappeared since 1980 and unless we act quickly, amphibian species will continue to disappear, resulting in irreversible consequences to humans and the planet’s ecosystems. To conquer this dilemma, SAVE THE FROGS!, the world’s leading amphibian conservation organization, just moved its headquarters Berkeley! We work in California, across the USA, and around the world to prevent the extinction of amphibians, and to create a better planet for people and wildlife.
Please visit us at our new Education Center at 2524 San Pablo Ave., Berkeley, CA 94702 or come on by during one of our upcoming events listed at savethefrogs.com/events! We also welcome other organizations to host their environmental event at our new Education Center.
Date: Tuesday, June 3rd
Time: 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Location: Southside Spirit House – 575 Howard St (@ 2nd St)
Bring: Please bring your business cards!
Safety: Please be safe when coming to/from SFGD. If you would like someone to walk you to your bus/train stop or car, please let a greeter know. As always, please designate a driver if driving.
Question of the Month: “What are your professional goals for this summer?”
* Post your green event on the Bay Area Green Calendar for free!
* SF Green Drinks is on LinkedIn. Connect with other environmental professionals.
* SF Green Drinks is on Facebook. Please join the group ‘San Francisco Green Drinks’ for additional resources and information.
* We’re currently planning our 2014 Sponsor and Community Partner list. If you or someone you know is interested in connecting with our community, please be in touch.
* If you are interested in volunteering with SF Green Drinks for this and other upcoming events, please feel free to contact email@example.com. Note: Volunteers are paid with our deepest gratitude and free drinks!
* Are you in a green or social startup? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get a blurb in our newsletter.
* * *
See you all at Southside Spirit House!
The Green Drinks Team
Stephanie, Alex, Ashley & Sarah