Join us November 4th at Southside Spirit House!
Hello SF Green Drinks Friends!
Join us for a special Election Day Happy Hour on November 4th at Southside Spirit House.
Come celebrate your vote and mingle with professionals from the renewable energy industry, conservation groups, the media, clean tech, utilities, the organic foods industry, and many more! PG&E’s Grassroots Green Network and NuEnergy teams will be sponsoring appetizers for our guests, and the usual organic wine, craft beer, and special cocktails will be available for purchase. Everyone is encouraged to bring business cards to share.
Our question this month is: “Are you involved with a ‘Green Team‘ at your company and what best practices can you share?”
If your organization or someone you know is interested in sponsoring a SF Green Drinks Event in 2014, please contact email@example.com or visit our website for more information.
Date: Tuesday, November 4th
Time: 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Location: Southside Spirit House – 575 Howard St (@ 2nd St)
Bring: Please bring your business cards!
Safety: Please be safe when coming to/from SFGD. If you would like someone to walk you to your bus/train stop or car, please let a greeter know. As always, please designate a driver if driving.
Question of the Month: “Are you involved with a ‘Green Team’ at your company and what best practices can you share?”
At PG&E, the Grassroots Green Network includes more than 400 employees from a broad range of departments and roles within the company. The group’s mission is to “Inspire engagement and drive employee environmental initiatives at work and within our communities to align with PG&E’s core goals of environmental leadership and engaging employees.” Significant accomplishments include hosting an annual Waste Zero contest at PG&E headquarters in San Francisco and the collection and recycling of more than 1,100 used compact fluorescent light bulbs.
Nu Energy Employee Resource Group serves to engage, inspire, and on-board new employees through social networking, community volunteering, and professional development opportunities.
* Post your green event on the Bay Area Green Calendar for free!
* SF Green Drinks is on LinkedIn. Connect with other environmental professionals.
* SF Green Drinks is on Facebook. Please join the group ‘San Francisco Green Drinks’ for additional resources and information.
* We’re currently planning our 2014 Sponsor and Community Partner list. If you or someone you know is interested in connecting with our community, please be in touch.
* If you are interested in volunteering with SF Green Drinks for this and other upcoming events, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org Note: Volunteers are paid with our deepest gratitude and free drinks!
* Are you in a green or social startup? Contact email@example.com to get “In the Spotlight” in our newsletter.
* * *
See you all at Southside Spirit House!
The Green Drinks Team
Stephanie, Alex, Ashley, Caroline & Jackie
Many Thanks to our 2014 Venue Partners