Announcements / Comments Off
Here are all the inspiring Environmental Resolutions from last month’s Green Drinks. Thanks to all our Green Drinkers who shared with us!
Announcements / Comments Off
Happy New Year San Francisco Green Drinkers!
2010 was another busy and spectacular year for us. Some of us went back to school for green MBAs, while other of us found new green jobs. Some of us founded our dream green company while others created rewarding business connections. And others of us … well, we found romance under the 111 roof and started on the best journey of all. Whatever your 2010 moment was, we all laughed, shared and networked the year away at our favorite San Francisco monthly event -
Let’s take a moment to rewind and enjoy all that we’ve accomplished:
By the Numbers
- 39,363 visits to sfgreendrinks.org during the year.
- 3,885 people attended our monthly Green Drinks for an average of 324 people per event!
- 1,077 Green Drinkers signed up for the monthly Newsletter; current total is 3,286.
- 1,878 people are members of SFGD on Facebook.
- 518 free drink tickets given to Green Drinkers.
- 159 volunteers participated at our monthly event throughout the year.
- 22 different organizations connected with us as Sponsors or Community Partners.
Highlights of 2010
San Francisco Green Drinks firmly established itself as the largest green networking group in California and the place to be in San Francisco on the 1st Tuesday of every month. As the eco-conscious hub for the Bay Area, we brought people together from all corners of our environmental community. In 2011 we look forward to continuing our mission to strengthen and support those making a difference in the lives of others and our planet.
We were honored to celebrate a year long sponsorship with Earth Island Institute. Earth Island supports over 40 projects working around the world to protect the planet and is responsible for the production of one of the most important documentaries of the year, The Cove, as well as offering an environmental lecture series called Earth Island Presents… and their award-winning publication, Earth Island Journal.
The $5,108 raised at our December 2009 Holiday Bash went to sponsor and install a solar electric system for a low income homeowner in San Francisco. On January 30th and 31st, seventeen Green Drinkers volunteered with Grid Alternatives to work alongside the homeowners and install the solar system. Everyone enjoyed learning about solar energy and how to install solar panels.
This year’s Green Generations fundraising gala for non-profit organizations who provide environmental education to under-served children was a huge success! A grand total of $6,196 was raised for the following youth non-profits: San Francisco Nature Education, Pie Ranch Youth Education and Exploring New Horizon’s Outdoor School.
This meaningful and fun-filled event was the toast of the town, featuring organic and local appetizers, a special musical performance, green drink specials, a silent auction, bike-powered smoothies, green promises, networking opportunities, and complimentary bike valet. At Green Generations the Bay Area green community united once again to help ensure that environmental awareness is carried forward to future generations.
In 2010 we established a formal Community Partnership program to connect our community with local and scrumptious samples of organic and sustainable products. In 2010 we brought in beer, wine, appetizers, snacks, ice cream, juices, vegetables – you name it! If you’re interested in contributing to a 2011 event, please contact us today!
Special activities in 2010 included:
- Giving away free passes to local, sustainability conferences including West Coast Green, Green Festival and Bioneers.
- Hosting an educational discussion around the sustainable food movement.
- Green Speed Dating at our February Eco-Love event
- Participating in California’s annual Coastal Cleanup Day for our second year.
- Increasing postings and exposure for our free SF Bay Area Green Calendar.
- Collecting food during our Holiday Bash for the San Francisco Food Bank.
- Networking by Category, Making a Pledge, the Green Promises Board, our holiday Giving Tree and more!
We held a survey at our March 2010 event with our Green Drinks community. Thank you to all 115 of you who helped contribute to this important task! Here are some of the results:
And lastly, a special thank you goes out to our ongoing partners – 111 Minna (event space), The Hub (meeting space) and our SF Bay Area Green Calendar partners, Net Impact and Women’s Environmental Network – who have made 2010 an amazing year. We look forward to building upon our relationships and helping everyone flourish in 2011!
Thanks again to everyone involved!
– The Green Drinks Team