Join us October 7th at Southside Spirit House!
Hello SF Green Drinks Friends!
Join us October 7th at Southside Spirit House.
Our question this month is: “What actions have you taken to combat climate change?”
If your organization or someone you know is interested in sponsoring a SF Green Drinks Event in 2014, please contact email@example.com or visit our website for more information.
Date: Tuesday, October 7th
Time: 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Location: Southside Spirit House – 575 Howard St (@ 2nd St)
Bring: Please bring your business cards!
Safety: Please be safe when coming to/from SFGD. If you would like someone to walk you to your bus/train stop or car, please let a greeter know. As always, please designate a driver if driving.
Question of the Month: “What actions have you taken to combat climate change?”
In the Spotlight
World leaders met in New York City late September to discuss global climate change and to build momentum for the 2015 UN Climate Summit in Paris, where there are hopes of creating a binding international agreement. In response to the gathering, leaders and activists took their own steps to voice their concerns about climate change:
*On September 21st, we saw the largest climate march in history.
*Louie Schwartzberg’s Climate Summit film delivers a powerful and inspiring message. See the short film, What’s Possible, here.
“They will either remember us as the generation that destroyed its home, or the one that finally came to respect it. We have every reason in the world to ACT.”
* Post your green event on the Bay Area Green Calendar for free!
* SF Green Drinks is on LinkedIn. Connect with other environmental professionals.
* SF Green Drinks is on Facebook. Please join the group ‘San Francisco Green Drinks’ for additional resources and information.
* We’re currently planning our 2014 Sponsor and Community Partner list. If you or someone you know is interested in connecting with our community, please be in touch.
* If you are interested in volunteering with SF Green Drinks for this and other upcoming events, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org Note: Volunteers are paid with our deepest gratitude and free drinks!
* Are you in a green or social startup? Contact email@example.com to get “In the Spotlight” on our newsletter.
* * *
See you all at Southside Spirit House!
The Green Drinks Team
Stephanie, Alex, Ashley & Sarah
Many Thanks to our 2014 Venue Partners